About Me

My Photo
Sue Parler
New Jersey, United States
I'm currently in my 32nd year teaching at DePaul Catholic HS in Wayne, NJ. I teach Game Design, Cryptology, and Spanish -- yes, it's an odd mix -- even I admit it. I am the IT Coordinator at DePaul Catholic as well, which means I manage the network, the student information system, the website, and the 900+ computers in the building. Yep, keeps me busy.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, October 2, 2010

PostHeaderIcon BP2_iGoogleScreenShots

The second Blog assignment for this week called for us to set up iGoogle as our Personal Learning Environment (PLE) and to post screenshots of our Home, Full Sail Online (FSO),  Action Research (AR), and Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture (ETC) tabs.



The value of a PLE is that it allows students to take control of and manage their own learning.  The unfortunate part of this assignment is that the environment setup was dictated to us.  Acknowledging that no one system will work for all of us, I would think that once we have satisfied the requirements of this assignment, we can now regain control of exactly how our own PLEs will look and function.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment