About Me

My Photo
Sue Parler
New Jersey, United States
I'm currently in my 32nd year teaching at DePaul Catholic HS in Wayne, NJ. I teach Game Design, Cryptology, and Spanish -- yes, it's an odd mix -- even I admit it. I am the IT Coordinator at DePaul Catholic as well, which means I manage the network, the student information system, the website, and the 900+ computers in the building. Yep, keeps me busy.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PostHeaderIcon PE4_Unity and MonoDevelop


Using Unity 3D iPhone, which is the 3D game engine, and MonoDevelop, which is the integrated development environment (IDE), I was able to create a playing world that is comprised of a textured, lightmapped plane; a camera; a shadow cast; a stand in model for the player; a collision area for that player; and two joystick controllers.  Whew.

So far the joysticks are not attached to move anything yet, but they behave as joysticks in the fact that I have constrained them to a defined area and they will snap back after they are released.

The joysticks were all coded in with MonoCode (see left), while the construction of the plane, cameras, and models were done by physically constructing them in the Unity environment.

So far, I'm having a blast.  Can't wait to keep going! 

Come back on Friday for another update!

0 comments:

Post a Comment