About Me

My Photo
Sue Parler
New Jersey, United States
I'm currently in my 32nd year teaching at DePaul Catholic HS in Wayne, NJ. I teach Game Design, Cryptology, and Spanish -- yes, it's an odd mix -- even I admit it. I am the IT Coordinator at DePaul Catholic as well, which means I manage the network, the student information system, the website, and the 900+ computers in the building. Yep, keeps me busy.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, October 16, 2010

PostHeaderIcon PE2_XCode and iPhone


OK, so I decided to play -- excuse me -- learn something about iOS programming this week.  I'm not completely without some object-oriented programming knowledge having dabbled in JavaScript, DHTML, Action Script 3.0, Java, and of course, C, C++, and C#.  And when I say "dabble" translate that as having superficial knowledge in everything except the first three.

One look at the XCode IDE which incorporates the iPhone Simulator, the Interface Builder, and a dozen other things and I'm quick to realize that I'm not in Kansas (Microsoft's Visual Studio) any more.  Between Object-C, Cocoa, and throw in the Unity Engine in as well, and my head was spinning for the first few hours.

So I did what every developer does -- I took a walk.  It was either a walk, or throw the iTouch through the window -- I opted for the walk.  It was a great fall day.  So I returned refreshed and determined.  The 30 second video you see here is the result of about four hours of intensive work -- OK, play.  But it left me ready to roll up my sleeves and dive in again. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment