About Me

My Photo
Sue Parler
New Jersey, United States
I'm currently in my 32nd year teaching at DePaul Catholic HS in Wayne, NJ. I teach Game Design, Cryptology, and Spanish -- yes, it's an odd mix -- even I admit it. I am the IT Coordinator at DePaul Catholic as well, which means I manage the network, the student information system, the website, and the 900+ computers in the building. Yep, keeps me busy.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, October 23, 2010

PostHeaderIcon PE5_Unity and MonoDevelop 2

OK, so these last two days have been pretty frustrating.  I have a script error that I've spent a day trying to debug.  I've gone as far as copying the script from the sample completed project, but still no luck.  Without finding the source of the error, I can't load the project to my iPhone, which is pretty disappointing.  I've visited the Unity forums and it seems like I may not be the only one with this particular error, so with a little more digging, I'm sure I'll come up with the solution.  In the meantime, I've been trudging forward. 

As far as the scripting language and becoming familiar with the IDE, it's getting a bit more comfortable. Every programming language has its little syntactical idiosyncrasies, and this one is no different.   Every programmer has his/her little personal conventions, and this tutorial was written fairly well, but clearly has the thumbprint of the author on it.  All in all, it hasn't been that bad -- save that one error.

0 comments:

Post a Comment