About Me

My Photo
Sue Parler
New Jersey, United States
I'm currently in my 32nd year teaching at DePaul Catholic HS in Wayne, NJ. I teach Game Design, Cryptology, and Spanish -- yes, it's an odd mix -- even I admit it. I am the IT Coordinator at DePaul Catholic as well, which means I manage the network, the student information system, the website, and the 900+ computers in the building. Yep, keeps me busy.
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 29, 2011

PostHeaderIcon MAC Week 4: Publishing Leadership Project

Here's the link to the Google Doc I presented on Tuesday, May 24. Since then, I've filled in more of the data and the references list, but I believe in its finished state, I'll also include additional resources such as al the surveys, scoring indices, and rubrics referenced throughout the ARP.

Google Docs also does quite a number on the APA formatting of the tables and hanging indents. Suffice to say that in the APA formatted paper, they don't look quite the same - the tables are without the cell borders where they are now inappropriately placed.

The .docx version of the paper, may be downloaded here:  Word Format.

In the Wimba session, I used a quick PowerPoint presentation to enlighten my classmates in the Wimba audience as to the requirements of Language Learning and Technology, an online repository of research specifically geared towards second language acquisition, and the only one that I would seriously pursue.

As it is a requirement to have chosen two publications, I shall also list AACE, the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education. Which differs from LL&T not only in topic, but by purpose as well. It would appear the AACE is more geared to networking to research, while LL&T is simply a repository of information.

You can find a copy of the PowerPoint I used in Wimba here. Again, not to obfuscate the purpose - it is a simple presentation regarding the requirements to publish at LL&T.

Think Aloud 1: Week 1 (Edited)
Think Aloud 2: Week 3

And why is there a peony on this post?! Why do I add images of nature in all my posts?

Because I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment